Who would have ever thought that APC would have a blog committee? Well, don’t think too hard about it because here we are! What better way to reach audiences than a fun employee-run blog that will supply more information, resources, and ideas, with a variety of interesting opinions on relevant topics as well as many other awesome reads?
As we all anxiously arrived to our first blog meeting, sitting around the large, somewhat intimidating black conference table, with our pen and paper ready and ideas galore, what would come of this meeting? Our ultimate goal, which you will see in upcoming blog entries, is to create a place to share our collective experiences at APC, whether it be through a blog about working in mental health, sharing community resources for families, keeping you up to date on agency events, or just having a good time getting to know one another.
What can YOU do to contribute?
This blog journey is pretty new to all of us and we welcome any feedback and all levels of experience. And guess what? You don’t even have to be on the committee to contribute! If you want to submit a blog entry or have specific topics you’d like featured, please email co-chair Kaprice Gilbert at email@example.com.
There are a few guidelines, of course, to ensure the blog is a safe and fun place for everybody (DUN-DUN-DUNNNN!):
- Stay away from very controversial topics such as religion and politics
- Be open-minded when sharing opinions based on your own personal point of view to avoid judgment of others
- Be sure to give credit where it’s due: cite your sources if borrowing from someone else!
- Be mindful of language– think PG-ratings!
- Always keep comments positive(avoid negativity); use common sense to be polite to others
- Last, but not least, have fun!
Hey! That’s what it’s all about, right? Please comment with any suggestions regarding article topics below, and don’t forget to reach out if you have the itch to write something. We can’t wait to hear from you!
By: Chrystal Williams, Family Support Services Auditing and Billing Specialist and Blog Committee Co-Chair